Climb To The Summit
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. ALL DETERMINATIONS MADE BY CONTEST SPONSOR ARE FINAL. ENTRY INTO THE CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- OVERVIEW: Climb To The Summit Contest (“Contest”) is open to legal residents of the United States 21 years of age or older. The Contest will run from June 22nd to August 16th. Entrants (as defined below) will submit one or more videos, each between 30 seconds and 2 minutes in length, that embody the Contest’s “Climb To The Summit” theme. One Grand Prize Winner (as defined below) will be selected. By participating in the Contest, each Entrant agrees to comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. No purchase is necessary to enter or win. Void where prohibited.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to individual contestants who: (i) are legal residents of the United States of America, including the 50 states and the District of Columbia and excluding the residents of any U.S. Territories; (ii) at the time of entry are at least 21 years of age or older; (iii) are not Contest Parties or Prize Partners as further set forth and defined below; and (vi) are not related to or an acquaintance of any of the individuals on the Judging Panel (collectively, the “Eligibility Criteria”). Void wherever prohibited or restricted by law. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Outside Television (“Sponsor”), Amplifier Media, Inc. (“Administrator”), other Prize Partners (as defined below), and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, promotional partners, distributors, web design, advertising, fulfillment and promotion agencies (collectively, the “Affiliated Parties”) involved in the administration, development, providing of prizes and execution of this Contest, and the immediate family members and those living in the same households of each are not eligible to participate in the Contest. Sponsor and Administrator and their respective Affiliated Parties are hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Contest Parties”. Prize providers and their respective Affiliated Parties are hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Prize Partners”. For the avoidance of doubt, if it is found, at any time during or after the Contest Period (as defined below), that any of the eligibility criteria above are not met with respect to any Entrant, such Entrant may be disqualified from the Contest (as determined by Sponsor).
- TIMING: The Contest begins at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on June 22nd, 2016 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on August 17 th, 2016 (the "Contest Period"). All Submissions must be received by Sponsor as required herein prior to the expiration of the Contest Period. Administrator’s server shall be the official clock of the Contest.
- HOW TO PARTICIPATE: Any person meeting the Eligibility Criteria for the Contest may enter the Contest by visiting OutsideTV.com/climbtothesummit/ (the “ Website”) and navigating to the Contest registration page. “Entrant” shall mean the individual whose name is entered as the “Entrant” during the registration process. Entrants must be registered members of YouTube* in order to enter the Contest. The Website will provide each Entrant with a contest Channel (the “Channel”) to which users can upload videos. Each Channel will accumulate points during Contest Period based on activity with that Channel.
To enter, complete the following steps:
- Upload between 1 and 10 videos that embody the Contest’s “Climb To The Summit” theme to Entrant’s Channel. Each video must be between 30 seconds and 2 minutes in length.
- Entrant’s video(s) must remain on Entrant’s YouTube account and Entrant must remain a YouTube account holder, through the end of the Contest Period and for a period of at least sixty (60) days thereafter.
- All Submissions must meet all Submission Requirements set forth below in order to be eligible and must comply with the Official Rules and the then-current YouTube terms of service.
A submission (“Submission”) consists of between one (1) and ten (10) videos uploaded to an Entrant’s Channel.
*No Sponsorship, endorsement or authorization of the Contest Parties or Prize Parties by YouTube is intended or implied by such use in this Contest; nor is YouTube associated with the Contest in any way. Any questions, comments or complaints about the Contest should be directed to Sponsor. Except for content specifically uploaded to Entrant’s YouTube account, all other information and content is being provided to Sponsor and Administrator. It is the sole responsibility of the Entrant to review and comply with all policies of YouTube (including, but not limited to any terms of service, community guidelines and privacy policies).
ONLY ONE SUBMISSION WILL BE ACCEPTED FROM EACH ENTRANT . ANY ENTRANT WHO CREATES MULTIPLE CHANNELS MAY BE DISQUALIFIED PURSUANT TO THESE RULES.
By uploading a Submission in the Contest, Entrants hereby warrant and represent that the entire Submission meets the following entry requirements (collectively, the “Submission Requirements”):
• Submission is not sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, and does not contain nudity;
• Submission does not promote the over-consumption of alcohol;
• Submission does not promote illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), or any particular political agenda or message;
• Submission is not obscene or offensive and does not endorse any form of hate or hate group;
• Submission does not defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies, including Contest Parties and Prize Partners;
• Submission does not contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without written permission, and does not contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
• Submission does not contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies, other media or musical material);
• Submission does not contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, other than the Entrant, without written permission;
• Submission does not communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which the Contest Parties or Prize Partners wish to associate or otherwise be objectionable or inappropriate as determined by Sponsor; and
• Submission is not and does not depict a violation of any law or regulation.
- SELECTION OF WINNER: Sponsor will convene a judging panel of not less than 3 judges comprised of Sponsor executives and, if Sponsor so chooses in its sole discretion, Partner executives and/or individuals possessing knowledge and/or experience concerning the outdoor lifestyle (the “Judging Panel”). After the close of the Contest Period, the Judging Panel will select the Grand Prize winning Entrant (the “Winner”) using the Judging Criteria set forth below
- JUDGING CRITERIA: The Winner will be selected by the Judging Panel based on the following criteria: (i) the creativity of the Submission relative to the Contest’s “Climb For the Summit” theme; (ii) the storytelling quality of the Submission relative to the Contest’s “Climb To The Summit” theme; and (iii) the points accumulated by an Entrant during the Contest. The Judging Panel will decide the Winner in its sole discretion. One Winner will be selected. THE DECISIONS OF THE JUDGING PANEL ARE FINAL AND BINDING AS TO ALL ENTRANTS.
- NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION: A Potential Winner will be notified prior to October 1, 2016, by telephone and/or email using the contact information provided during registration by the Entrant, that they have been selected as a Potential Winner. Potential Winner will then be provided with (i) an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability/Publicity agreement and (ii) any additional documentation required by Sponsor. If Potential Winner (a) fails to execute required documentation in the designated time period; (b) has his/her prize notification returned; (c) does not respond to Sponsor’s notification within five (5) calendar days of notification; or (e) otherwise is found to have violated the Official Rules or to have otherwise become ineligible will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize and Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, select an alternate Potential Winner. If at any time and for any reason a Potential Winner or Winner becomes ineligible, Sponsor will use reasonable efforts, time and circumstances permitting, to choose an alternative Winner. The Grand Prize Winner will be announced prior to November 1, 2016.
ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE
One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded and will consist of:
CLIMB TO THE SUMMIT GRAND PRIZE
(1) Get-a-Way Adventure for Two
4 Day / 3 Night trip to Whistler - British Columbia, Canada for the Winner and a guest.
This trip will include round trip coach airfare from the Winner’s closest metropolitan airport to Vancouver, Canada; ground transportation between Vancouver Airport and hotel; double occupancy hotel accommodations. If Winner lives within a 300-mile radius of the greater Vancouver area, round-trip ground transportation will be provided in lieu of air transportations and no additional compensations will be provided in place of the air transportation portion of the prize. This trip is valid through January 31, 2017. Black out dates from December 20. 2016 to January 4, 2017.
Additional VIP Perks at Whistler:
2x 1-Day Ski Lift Tickets
2x 1-Peak to Peak Gondola Ride
2x 1-Scandinavian Bath Pass
2x 1-Snowmobile Dining Tour from Canadian Wilderness Adventures. Snowmobile to a Fondue Dinner at Crystal Hut. 2 single riders, subject to availability at time of booking.
$5,000 shopping credit line from Mountain Hardwear (ARV: $5,000)
Winner’s submitted content featured on Outside Television Broadcast Network.
Winner’s submitted content featured on Outside Television Digital Platforms.
The ARV of the VIP perks and the featured content are indeterminable.
Total ARV of the Grand Prize is $10,000
- ADDITIONAL PRIZE TERMS:
Unless specifically stated above, Winner is responsible for all other costs and expenses associated with the prizes (if any), including, but not limited to, transportation, transportation/transfers to and from their respective residences, airports, and hotels; any taxes, duties, fees, or other charges imposed by airlines, hotels and governmental bodies; food; gratuities; personal conveniences and expenses; and insurance. All travel dates and travel and hotel arrangements are subject to change and availability, holiday and blackout dates. Additional travel conditions, limitations, and restrictions may apply. Sponsor is not responsible for flight cancellations or delays. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers, certificates, or prize items.
Actual retail value of the travel portion of prize will vary depending on the Winner's residence and may fluctuate due to market conditions, changes in value of components (e.g., air transportation and hotel rates), and other reasons; actual retail value at time of actual prize award may be different than ARV stated herein due to such conditions. Any difference between stated ARV and actual value of prizes will not be awarded. Winner is solely responsible for any taxes on the prize. Selection of airline, hotel, dates of travel and other transportation are solely within Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winner will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year, and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS. No cash equivalent or substitution of any prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable.
If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, through no fault of Winner, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute such prize with another prize of equal or greater value, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The prizes are a single indivisible package; and any refusal of the Winner (or potential Winner as the case may be) to accept any terms or any portion of a prize package or any attempt to transfer, sell, fail to cooperate with, renounce, repudiate and/or refuse any part of a prize package may immediately disqualify the Winner (or potential Winner) from the Contest and/or cause such Winner (or potential Winner) to forfeit all or any portion of the prize package in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. In the event of disqualification of the Winner, Sponsor may select the Entrant with the next highest ranking as determined by the Judging Panel during the Grand Prize Round as the alternate potential Winner. In the event the Winner is unable for any reason to attend or complete the Single Recording, through no fault of Sponsor, then all or any remaining portion of such prize shall be forfeited and the Contest Parties and Prize Partners shall have no further obligation or liability to Winner with respect to said prize. ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED.
- ENTRANT REPRESENTATIONS, GRANT OF RIGHTS: BY SUBMITTING A SUBMISSION, ENTRANTS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT (A) THE SUBMISSION MAY BE POSTED, IN SPONSOR’S DISCRETION, ON CONTEST PARTIES’ AND/OR SPONSOR’S AND/OR PRIZE PARTNERS’ WEBSITE(S) IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST, SUBJECT TO YOUTUBE’S LICENSING AGREEMENT AND AVAILABILITY OF THE SUBMISSION ON THE YOUTUBE WEBSITE; AND (B) THE ENTITRY OF OR A PORTION OR PORTIONS OF A SUBMISSION MAY BE POSTED ON CONTEST PARTIES’ AND/OR SPONSOR’S AND/OR PRIZE PARTNERS’ WEBSITE(S) AND OTHERWISE PUBLISHED, AIRED OR DISPLAYED BY CONTEST PARTIES AND/OR PRIZE PARTNERS’ IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST.
Entrants warrant and represent that they hold all rights and title to their Submission and that (i) their Submission does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity; and (iv) the publication of the Submission via various media (including web posting) will not infringe the rights of any third party.
EACH ENTRANT WILL INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR AND THE OTHER CONTEST PARTIES AND/OR PRIZE PARTNERS FROM ANY FEES, ROYALTIES, COSTS AND EXPENSES (COLLECTIVELY, “COSTS”) ARISING OUT OF ANY THIRD PARTY CLAIMS, LAWSUITS, COMPLAINTS, ACTIONS, CAUSES OF ACTION, DAMAGES, LIABILITIES, (“CLAIMS”) TO THE CONTRARY AND ANY CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO ENTRANT’S SUBMISSION OR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR EACH OF THE CONTEST PARTIES’ AND/OR EACH OF THE PRIZE PARTNERS’ EXERCISE OF THE RIGHTS GRANTED AND CONTEMPLATED HEREIN.
By submitting a Submission and thereby entering the Contest, Entrants grant to each of the Contest Parties and each of the Prize Partners, a worldwide, perpetual, unlimited, irrevocable, royalty-free right and license to (i) use, display, distribute, reproduce, host, publish, transmit and publicly perform Submission or portions of the Submission, and to (ii) their individual name (first and/or last), other identification, their hometown, place of residence, entry information uploaded to the Website, photo, image, voice, and likeness, in any manner and in any media and content whether now existing or hereinafter devised, without any restrictions, including without limitation, by means of electronic transmission or other means, in future trade, publicity and/or advertising for such Contest Parties and/or Prize Partners products and/or services, unless prohibited by law. Entrants further agree: (i) that each of the Contest Parties and/or each of the Prize Partners may exercise any and all rights hereunder without attribution, notification or compensation to Entrants; (ii) that each of the Contest Parties and/or each of the Prize Partners shall have the right to freely assign their rights hereunder, in whole or in part, to any other person or entity, without notification or approval by Entrant; (iii) that the Contest Parties and/or the Prize Partners shall have no obligation (express or implied) to use the Submission (or any part thereof), in any manner (other than as expressly stated herein) and Entrants shall not be entitled to any damages or other relief by reason of the Contest Parties and/or the Prize Partners use or non-use of Entrants' Submission (or any part thereof); (iv) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges; (v) that Entrants may be contacted by any of the Contest Parties and/or any of the Prize Partners by telephone, mail or email regarding this Contest; and (vi) to sign and deliver to such Contest Parties and/or Prize Partners any documents as such Contest Parties and/or Prize Partners may reasonably require to effectuate the rights granted herein and/or verify the obligations of Entrant hereunder.
- GENERAL TERMS: Sponsor or its designated representative has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor/screen entries and Entrant’s Contest account. By entering, Entrant and Designated Agent acknowledge that Sponsor and Administrator have no obligation to use or post any Submission or permit any Entrant to participate who enters a Submission that violates or is not eligible under these Official Rules. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or terminate the Contest or any portion thereof. any attempt by an entrant or other individual to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of this CONTEST, including but not limited to any fraudulent claims, may be a violation of criminal and civil laws – and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages from any such individual, to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Proof of entering or making a Submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor of entry. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or like entry methods will void all Submissions affected by such methods and be deemed tampering. Persons engaging in any of the foregoing activities may be disqualified. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. By participating, Entrants and Designated Agents agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and Judging Panel and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules.In addition, Entrants agree to receive news and offers from Sponsor and Sponsor’s affiliates and promotional partners. Sponsor reserves the right to make changes or additions to these Official Rules and/or change the dates of the Contest at any time without further notice. This Contest is offered only in the United States and the District of Columbia, and is governed by the laws of the State of California. By entering, Entrants and Designated Agents consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and local courts located in San Diego, California for the resolution of any disputes.
THE ENFORCEMENT AND INTERPRETATION OF THESE CONTEST RULES SHALL BE EXCLUSIVELY DETERMINED BY SPONSOR IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION. ALL ENTRANTS AND DESIGNATED AGENTS AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL SUCH SPONSOR DETERMINATIONS AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SUCH DETERMINATIONS ARE FINAL AND NON-APPEALABLE.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: Sponsor and other Contest Parties and/or Prize Partners are not responsible for: (i) technical problems or technical malfunction which may affect the operation of the Contest, including but not limited to any of the following occurrences (a) hardware or software errors; (b) faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; (c) errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; (d) garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; (e) failure of any e-mail transmissions to be sent to or received; (f) any inability to upload or download any information in connection with participation in the Contest; (g) inaccessibility of Contest platform or the Website, in whole or in part for any reason, or traffic congestions on the Internet; (h) lost, late, delayed, corrupted or intercepted e-mail or Submission transmissions; (i) unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; (j) destruction of any aspect of the Contest, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an account used in connection with the Contest, including but not limited to, undeliverable contact attempts that result from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user’s Internet service provider and/or email client or for insufficient space in user’s account to receive e-mail; (k) any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Website or Contest platform; (ii) flood, earthquake or other acts of God; (iii) work stoppages or other labor interruptions; or (iv) any personal injury, or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer equipment resulting from participation in the Contest, use of the Website, contest platform or the download of any information from the Website or Contest platform.
Entrant acknowledges that Sponsor and other Contest Parties and/or Prize Partners, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, and prize providers (collectively "Released Parties" and individually “Released Party”) maintain no control over the personnel, equipment, or operation of any air, water or surface carrier, ship line, bus or limousine company, transportation company, hotel, restaurant, or other person or entity furnishing services, products, or accommodations supplied by others as a part of the Contest. Entrant and Designated Agent agree that Released Parties shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience, or other irregularity that may be caused or contributed to (i) by any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other suppliers or any of their agents, servants, employees, or independent contractors (collectively, “Suppliers”); (ii) by any defect in or failure of any vehicle, equipment, accessories, instrumentality, service, product, or accommodation that is owned, operated, furnished, or used by any of those Suppliers; (iii) by the wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not directly employed by that Released Party; or (iv) by any cause, condition, or event whatsoever beyond the reasonable control of that Released Party. Entrant and Designated Agent hereby waive, release and discharge each Released Party from and against any claims, damages or liability, even if caused by the negligence or willful misconduct of the Released Party, for any injury (including to person, property or reputation), damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience, or irregularity arising out of or relating to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Contest or in any Contest-related activity or from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize.
By entering the Contest, Entrants and Designated Agents acknowledge that they are familiar with the provisions of California Civil Code Section 1542, which provides as follows:
A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.
Accordingly, by entering the Contest, Entrants and Designated Agents (on their behalf and on behalf of their heirs, executors, administrators, personal representatives, predecessors, successors and assigns of any of the foregoing, and all other persons and entities asserting rights of or acting on behalf of the entrant) hereby waive and relinquish any right or benefit which Entrant, Designated Agent or such persons has, have or may have against Sponsor and the other Contest Parties and/or Prize Partners under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of the State of California, or under any similar statutory or common law of any other jurisdiction to the full extent that any such person may lawfully waive such rights and benefits pertaining to the releases set forth in these Official Rules, the Website and Contest platform TOU and applicable privacy policies.
In the event of early termination of the Contest for any reason at Sponsor’s sole discretion, a notice will be posted on the Website and Contest platform and judging will be conducted from among the eligible Entrants received prior to termination using the process described in Paragraphs 5 and 6.
- WINNERS LIST: For the name of the Winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Climb To The Summit Winner's List, c/o Outside Television, 33 Riverside Ave 4th Flr, Westport, CT 06880
to be received no later than 6 months after end of contest.
- SPONSOR: Outside Television, 33 Riverside Ave 4th Flr, Westport, CT 06880
- ADMINISTRATOR : Amplifier Media, Inc., 90 Grove Street Ridgefield, CT 06877
TM and © 2016. Outside Television. All rights reserved.